Minimalist DIY - Result

Previously I'd posted about modifications to my Inov8 running shoes.


After some additional patching of the sole with spare bits of foam, I took them on an 11.3 mile run to work. Part trail, part road, I still had to avoid large puddles. However, they were absolutely fine.


This is a picture after the run:

So there are some new holes in places, but nothing I can't patch up with all the bits I had left over from the carving up of the initial sole.


The run details were as follows. The slowness of the run was mostly down to playing 6-a-side football the night before (first time in about a year), rather than the shoes. In terms of difficulty, the run was second only to the 2nd leg of a double commute to and from work. There were lots of walk breaks and the walking of inclines.



No comments: